I have decide I am not an on- line class taking person. The motivation is for real difficult especially since nice weather is on the way. Speaking of weather Mother Nature has lost her cool
Protecting Your Valuables During A Move
- Use the right-sized boxes. Small boxes are ideal for heavy, dense objects (see: books), while larger ones are preferable for lighter items such as pillows and comforters. A large, heavy box is more likely to split or crush other items, so keep an eye on each boxes’ size-to-weight ratio.
- Fill until it’s still. If a box is rattling around, you’re risking damage. Fill in the empty space with towels, padding, or other cushioning items to isolate the valuable contents from stop/start or shaking motions.
- Pad and side-load dishes. Place bubble wrap or packing paper between dishes and wrap bundles of four or more with extra padding. Be sure to pack dishes on their sides, not flat. This will mitigate the hazard of shattering from accidental side impact! Padding in the bottom and top of the box will provide an additional layer of insurance, too.
- Don’t flatten out your flat-screen. Spend the money on a special packing box for your flat-screen LCD and/or plasma TV. Having the original shipping box is best, but an aftermarket die-cut, foam-supported kit will save you the hundreds (if not $1000+) in replacement costs. (Also: Don’t lay the TV flat or stack any boxes on top.)
- Tape in the reinforcements. Taping all the way around the top and bottom edges will provide additional support to the areas where most of the load is distributed.
- Keep tiny things with big value to yourself. Anything that’s small and irreplaceable should be set aside and kept with you during the move. This might be your grandmother’s heirloom necklace, vital financial/legal documents, or special family photo collections. I want all of the items that make a house a home to get there in one piece. Hopefully these tips will help that happen.
Excellent service, honesty and commitment is my goal in assisting you whether buying or selling a home. ....
Latest Blog Posts
Let it grow let it snow let it grow! One of the best ways to grow your income is to buy investment properties! This current market has much potential and upside for the wise investor! however not