I have decide I am not an on- line class taking person. The motivation is for real difficult especially since nice weather is on the way. Speaking of weather Mother Nature has lost her cool
7 Deadly Sins That Are Killing Your Home Deal
You planted the For Sale sign in your yard weeks ago and just knew your phone would ring off the hook with offers. So far, all you hear are crickets chirping. You’re beginning to wonder why you even bothered to hire a real estate agent in the first place.We’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is: You could be the problem.The good news is: You’ve got the power to fix it!Here are seven signs you might be your own worst home-selling enemy.
1. Your Listing Photos Make an Old Polaroid Look GoodThese days, buyers cruise for homes from the couch. If your online photos look like a 4-year-old took them, you’ll lose buyer interest before they ever pull up to the curb. That’s why it’s important to work with a pro who knows how to make your home shine on camera. You’d be amazed at the difference the right lighting and a wide-angle lens can make!
2. Buyers Can’t See the Counter for the TeasLet’s play a game of pretend. Imagine you’re about to move. What’s the first thing you do? Pack up! So here’s a novel thought: Why not start now? Every little thing you have sitting out shrinks your space and reminds buyers that someone else lives there. It’s time to give your stuff an eviction notice! Clear off every surface, get your furniture out of the way, and tidy up all storage areas.
3. Your Home Smells Like Warm Cookies and Wet DogYour pup may be the cutest craze on YouTube, but cute doesn’t move real estate. If you want to attract buyers, you’ve got to pretend Lassie doesn’t live here anymore. Keep pets out of sight and out of mind by eliminating odors, stains and half-chewed rawhides before your first showing. Even better, send your fur babies to Grandma’s house for an extended stay until your home sells.
4. You’re Setting the Wrong MoodUnless Batman’s in the market for a new lair, dark corners are not your friend. Bright rooms make your home look bigger, so throw back the curtains and shine a light on every nook and cranny! Start by filling lamps and overhead fixtures with 100-watt bulbs. Add a warm and cozy feel with a few candles and a fire in the fireplace.
5. Three’s a CrowdNews flash: You and your home are not a matching set! Sticking around for showings does nothing but make everyone feel awkward. Leave the questions to the agent and give the buyer room to look around without you breathing down their neck. After all, do you really want to stand in the way of the buyer’s ability to see your house as their dream home?
6. The Price Is Wrong
7. You Won’t Let Go of a Dud AgentOkay, it’s true. The problem could be your real estate agent. But a do-nothing won’t give themselves a kick in the pants. That’s your job! You’ll be paying your agent thousands of dollars to get your home sold, so make sure they’re worth the money. If your agent doesn’t measure up, find one who does right away!
(article courtesy of Dave Ramsey)
Looking to buy or sell a home?? I'm your girl! Give me a call, and see what I can do for you!
"Like" me on Facebook for all sorts of helpful information! https://www.facebook.com/AmyCooperRealtyCentral
Start searching homes now! http://www.amy.realtydayton.com/
Real Estate Associate ....
Latest Blog Posts
Let it grow let it snow let it grow! One of the best ways to grow your income is to buy investment properties! This current market has much potential and upside for the wise investor! however not